Friday, April 8, 2011

A Heart Most Worthy by Siri Mitchell

Siri Mitchell

ISBN: 978-0-7642-0795-2
ISBN-10: 0-7642-0795-4
Number of pages: 384
Publication Date: 2011
Publisher: Bethany House
Follow this link to Bethany House's, A Heart Most Worthy Page.

What first captured my interest as I began reading Siri Mitchell’s, A Heart Most Worthy? The characters! The stars of this book are by no means flat. Each character had their own unique way of being. They leap off the pages and straight into the heart. I love that!

While I’m not a fan of first person fiction or of a large amount of interruptive ‘narration’, I stubbornly kept reading A Heart Most Worthy. I had to know how things turned out for each character. What we readers crave is an emotional experience. And Siri Mitchell grants this to the reader if by no other reason than her unique and wonderfully crafted characters. But wait! Siri’s historical detail is spot on. If you’re a bit of a stickler about the historical detail/setting in historical fiction, you needn’t fret about this book. Siri Mitchell’s grasp of historical detail sets a vivid backdrop for this story.

There is much to learn from the three Italian immigrant beauties, Julietta, Annamaria, and Luciana in this story. Their struggles and faith in God as they endure immigrant life in 1918 Boston inspires all Christians to keep the faith and hold on to their dreams. Will these ladies find what they most seek? Well, to learn that, you must read the book. And trust me; A Heart Most Worthy is well worth the read!

I enjoyed reading this story. It truly is inspirational. A great read on a Saturday night!

Siri Mitchell has written nearly a dozen novels, including the critically acclaimed, Christy Award finalists Chateau of Echoes and The Cubicle Next Door. Visit www.sirimitchell.com to learn more about Siri Mitchell and her books.

I received this book free from the Bethany House. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment